[lug] cron shell debian

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Aug 16 15:33:32 MDT 2005

As noted already, I don't think cron runs with the regular user
environment.  This is a good thing.  You don't accidentally invoke some
script or other nasty.

You could certainly run

env
set

in your script to see what is getting set.  Ultimately, you should set the
minimal environment variables that you need to get things done.

Hugh