[lug] mandriva 10.2 limited edition 2005

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Aug 30 21:49:52 MDT 2005

I decided to give mandriva a whirl today.  I did the default install and a
bit more (there wasn't an Install Everything checkbox, which was
unfortunate).

I then tried to build a tomcat related thing and noticed that autoconf and
automake weren't on the system.  I found a mirror that listed them in the
SRPMS for 10.2 and downloaded the source rpms.  Then I noticed that
rpmbuild was nowhere to be found.

Is limited edition really that limited?

The other interesting thing is that now when I go back to the mandriva
website, I can't find the free download area.

So, can you only get a sane environment by paying them money or am I
missing something (sane == useful for non-newbie)?

Hugh