[lug] low profile, long IDE cables?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Sep 6 15:55:16 MDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 06:42:51PM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
>I'm curious if anyone knows of a place to purchase longer than normal
>IDE cables, which are also low profile? The box I have to work with has

With regular PATA cables you can split the ribbon between every 4 to 6
conductors and then stack the mini-ribbons to make a cable run that
approaches more the size of a SATA cable.  This will cut down some on the
length at each connector due to fan-out.

Sean
--
 A computer scientist is someone who, when told to "Go to Hell," sees the
 "go to," rather than the destination, as harmful. -- Dr. Roger M. Firestone