[lug] Qwest Basic service w/ single static IP

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Sep 19 15:50:10 MDT 2005

David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Qwest basic is $15/mo for 1.5/960 (currently) with a static IP.  I
> haven't looked closely but I didn't see any restrictions on servers or
> wireless.  I suppose they don't want me reselling anything, and they
> may get upset if my servers ever run too much traffic.  But $40/mo
> isn't chump change.

$40 a month is $1.34 (rounded up) a day, assuming a 30 day month.  ;-)

So, the usual economics apply... is it worth (or better yet, saving or
making you) $1.34 a day?   I think e-mail saves me that much in postage
in about 2 hours.  (GRIN)

I've been doing a lot of budgeting lately in very small dollar
amounts... http://www.w0cra.org/info/squawmtnupdate.html

Our 300 member ham radio club is having a grand debate over $5 a year
increase in dues... and when you figure it out monthly... it's $0.42 a
month different than today's dues we're having this grand discussion
about... sigh... total dues at the higher rate is $25 a year, or... the
more fun way to put it... $2.08/month.... or a little under 7 cents a day.

I also found the perfect cartoon to describe the situation...
http://www.natetech.com/?p=194 (GRIN)

Nate