[lug] Mozilla mail: won't connect to server

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Tue Dec 20 09:54:04 MST 2005

Catching multiple responses --

1. Running it as root has resolved the problem for my usual account.

2. I run it from the command line or a FVWM menu so it wasn't an issue
with su.

3. Now that I think about it, I remember having problems with netscape
when I disabled MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE authentication.  I tried to restrict
access to XDM-AUTHENTICATION and the kerberos one (while playing with
kerberized applications), but netscape barfed with the same
authentication error.

Bear