[lug] unsubscribe me please

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Sun Jan 1 19:27:51 MST 2006

bof,

Tch, tch; Typical bureaucrat.... You've neatly omitted the procedure for
obtaining form UnSub-183-L. Beautifully satanic! Do you work for the DMV?

But don't be so quick to assume that the victim hasn't read the
instructions. Speaking as a list manager myself, I've run into all kinds of
problems that people have with spam blockers between their mail client and
the server or crazed IT admins who change their (the victims) e-mail
addresses without warning so that they can't even get their list account
password anymore, or even problems with perfectly good Irish names like
O'Doyle at somehwre.com that don't make it past some servers' front doors.
You'd be amazed at how non-computer friendly the real world is sometimes!

And if they really are just clueless and lazy, sometimes it's better to
just point or drop them out the door than to waste time trying to explain
what RTFM means in english when they're listening only in gibberish.