[lug] forcing certain services to use eth1 instead of eth0

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Tue Jan 3 13:14:57 MST 2006

Greetings.
I have two Ethernet Interfaces, eth0, eth1.
Specifically, I want to keep backups and nfs running on one interface and
mail(smtp/imap) running on another.

We have an Astaro Security Gateway running as our firewall.

The machine in question has two interfaces on the same local network. The
firewall SNAT's the outgoing requests to appear as our public mailserver
address.  This only half works at the moment because the rules are dealing
with the eth1 address not the eth0.

man of 'route' doesn't seem to have info on how to do this with ports, and
google searches come up with few solutions.

Any suggestions?

--
Michael Belanger
CICLOPS, Space Science Institute