graphing system usage (was Re: [lug] forcing certain services to use eth1 instead of eth0)

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Jan 5 00:28:02 MST 2006

Now that I play with munin a little more, I'm kinda disappointed.

I'll show y'all what I mean...

It doesn't seem to be able to handle slow or busy network connections
(Internet) very well for remote data gathering...

http://natetech.com/munin

Look at the ref9870.irlp.net and w0cra-conifer.natetech.com machines.

Big gaping holes in the data collection when done over the Internet to a
remote machine.

I did edit the value "my_timeout" in munin-update out to four minutes,
since it runs every five hoping the extra minute would help, but it
doesn't seem to.

Bummer.

I guess I'll have to go digging to see if it's missing sending data, or
missing getting it in the first place in the -node side of things... ugh.

Nate