[lug] Brand and Retailer for blank DVDs and CDs? Knoppix Hard Drive Installation?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Jan 15 23:08:56 MST 2006

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 04:00:49PM -0700, Siegfried Heintze wrote:
>After talking to Jim at PC Brokers, I was advised to get better quality
>media on which to burn my linux distros. Jim suggested I get CD+-R. I was
>using CD-R.

It's not the protocol that makes a difference as much as the quality of the
materials.  As I've mentioned before, get Taiyo Yuden media.  To get Taiyo
Yuden media, you will almost certainly have to order online.  Purchasing it
locally is going to be difficult or impossible.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 You know you're in Canada when:  You see a flyer advertising a polka-fest
 at the curling rink.