[lug] LVM and disk failure

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Jan 15 23:21:36 MST 2006

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 11:12:05PM -0700, Daniel Webb wrote:
>silly to me that a filesystem is utterly destroyed if you cut it in half;
>after all, half of it is still there on the second disk.  A reasonable request
>in the name of robustness is that the parts that weren't destroyed should be

You could achieve something like that by using unionfs and having separate
file-systems on each disc that you union.  I still find unionfs exported
via NFS buggy, but it is getting regular development.  For local
file-systems, it seems to work fine.

If you want native file-systems that work that way, you're going to have to
provide patches.  It will be non-trivial.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Just go with the flow control, roll with the crunches, and, when you
 get a prompt, type like hell.