[lug] BVSD Windows vs Mac craziness

Paul E Condon pecondon at mesanetworks.net
Sat Jan 21 11:45:00 MST 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 02:25:08AM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Tkil wrote:
>
> That's my whole point -- let the parents decide what performance means
> for their children, not the state.  Set standards that MUST happen, and
> let the schools figure out the rest on a school-by-school basis.

But what about the parents who have themselves had a poor/bad
education and hope that the system will help their children avoid
their own fate?  Where is the social justice in creating a system in
which only children whose parents are well educated can themselves
become well educated?

Understand, I also suspect that primary education in USA is in need of
reform.  But I wonder if the reform advocates are qualified to do what
is needed.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon at mesanetworks.net