[lug] gimp selection dimensions

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Sun Jan 22 19:43:44 MST 2006

D:

> In the case of doing this manually, where the image is about
> 6000x4800, I can't do a pixel exact selection, the monitor and mouse
> resolution is just too low...zooming is not an option because then I
> can't select large enough areas.

In times like these, I just use the Crop tool.  You can specify exact
pixels, crop the image and save it, then choose "undo" and crop the
next piece.

For a 6000x4800 image, I imagine you'd just use a cropping window of
(0,0) to (3000,2400)... then (3001,0) to (4800,2400) and so forth.

Obviously a nicer option would be a script as you said, but if you
*have* to do it manually...

HTH,
Jeff