[lug] Linux and wireless

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jan 23 14:52:34 MST 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 01:50:49PM -0700, Zan Lynx wrote:
>haven't had a kernel failure that I've been able to trace to them and
>the wireless works quite well.

*IF* you can get the driver.  I tried to do that with my ipw2100 some time
ago, and just couldn't get access to the drivers.  I didn't have Windows
available on the machine that had the card, Intel wouldn't give out the
drivers, instead you had to go to your vendor.  The vendor had an
executable only, and it wasn't recognized by unzip.  I tried installing the
driver on a Windows machine that didn't have the card, but it never seemed
to actually give me a driver.  In the end I just used a PCMCIA card until
Intel released the Linux driver and it stopped sucking.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest
 of the week debugging Monday's code.  -- Christopher Thompson