[lug] setting up CUPS....

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sat Jan 28 14:42:19 MST 2006

I decided to try CUPS, but nothing is printed.  It's an HP LJ1200 on the
parallel port, I specified everything on the web admin page, manually
specified the correct PPD file with lpadmin.  Still, nothing. I don't
run either KDE or Gnome, but the docs said that it's wizards are helpful
but not necessary.

Has anyone else had this problem?  The printer works fine under LPRNG,
but some sites say that I can get better quality/faster performance if I
use CUPS & PPD instead of feeding a raw PS stream across the parallel port.

Bear