[lug] NSLU2

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sat Feb 11 16:41:16 MST 2006

I might have something that I can show, but it's definitely not a
"install this and have
fun!" situation. Yet.

The thing is that we refer to "hacking" the box to "add" NFS, but in
reality we have to build new kernels and root filesystems from scratch.
We have to do that for a different architecture. Cross-compilers aren't
that hard, but how many of us have much experience with them? After you
get to that point I'm hoping it will be as simple as sysadmin via ssh,
but even that requires configuration, testing, etc.

So no guarantees. I hope I can show something, but I won't be able to do
much more than answer simple questions.