[lug] jigdo help

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Feb 17 13:08:06 MST 2006

Gary Hodges wrote:
[...]
> This brings up my first question.  Why are these entries listed as
> unstable instead of stable?  Second question...  How do I then use these
> disks to update the machine?  Running "aptitude update; aptitude
> upgrade" doesn't do anything with either disk installed, mounted or not.

Where did you get the images?  If they are the official Sarge CDs I
wouldn't worry about the unstable part.  If it causes problems edit it
to say stable and file a bug report.

Stable doesn't change very often so maybe you already have 3.1r1 on your
machines and there's nothing to do.  Try editing the sources.list lines
to say stable and see if that helps.

Since stable doesn't change very often you may be able to get updates to
it (and security fixes) via dial-up without much trouble.  You can use
apt-cache or some such so that machines behind the dial-up share the
same downloads.

Dave