[lug] jigdo help

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 17 14:11:39 MST 2006

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Gary Hodges wrote:
> [...]
>
>> I know there are packages to update as I first connected with a modem
>> and ran update/upgrade.  There are 35 MB of updates to install.  I'm
>> testing this DVD update procedure for when I'm at my remote sites this
>> spring.
>

> Stable only releases CDs once in a while.  3.1r1 is the first update
> since Sarge was released.  So CDs aren't a good way to stay up to date
> weekly or monthly (the original release was Jun 05, r1 is Dec 05).

OK.  I think I found what I read some months ago.  From the jigdo site:

---------
Even if you want to download the stable ISO images, they still get
updated every few months. Downloading the ISO images will give you
up-to-date images for a few months, but every time a new revision of
Debian stable is released, you'll need to go through the painful process
of downloading the entire ISO set from scratch. This is not a good use
of your time and the mirror's resources.
---------

So it looks like I've done everything correct, its just as you say, the
images are not updated very often.

Gary