[lug] Gnome Issues

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Mar 1 13:40:13 MST 2006

The way around that would be to get programs to use esd.  I believe xmms
has an esd output plugin.  I'm not sure how you tell Thunderbird to use
esd.

On KDE, you can use artsdsp as a wrapper to get the called program to talk
to artsd instead of trying /dev/dsp directly

Even then, flash still wigs out if I'm running amarok.

Hugh