[lug] XGL: You gotta try it!

Rodolfo Estrada restrada at linuxmail.org
Tue Apr 11 06:35:56 MDT 2006

There are several benefits from a live CD, we use knoppix and UBCD with Insert to troubleshooting Linux and windows. Also, they can be used for training. In my previous job, instead of installing Linux on a computer lab full of windows machines, we used knoppix and  ssh –X to tunnel apps from a main server.

I know that the best option was to dual boot, but we had no control over the lab.

Rodolfo Estrada