[lug] XGL: You gotta try it!

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Tue Apr 11 10:12:00 MDT 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 06:35, Rodolfo Estrada wrote:
> There are several benefits from a live CD, we use knoppix and UBCD with
> Insert to troubleshooting Linux and windows. Also, they can be used for

I totally agree.. Love them live CD's.. Just that the benefits derived from
Gentoo was a distro compiled for your specific platform.  A binary distro of
gentoo seemed to defeat that purpose.

Compiling everything on boot would be painful... maybe a Gentoo live for 686,
etc. dunno.  Knoppix 5.0 (dvd) is a fuller distro as far as live distro's go.
Seemed to boot easier as well.. I had to run 'fixme' to get X to work with
this one.