[lug] Seeking recommendations on multifunction printer/scanner/etc

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Jul 3 08:48:04 MDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 06:54 -0600, bof wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am seeking recommendations for a multifunction laser printer/scanner
> (with or without fax) that will work under Linux.

I've also been looking to replace our old printer with a multifunction
device and here is a table describing Linux support for the hplip
driver:

  http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/hplip_readme.html

which apparently supports scanning for a number of multifunction
devices.

If you're looking for a laser color multifunction printer/scanner then
the HP Color LaserJet 2840 may be a good choice.  Does anyone on this
list have any experience with it -- especially with Linux?

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com
phone:   617-253-0098
fax:     617-253-4464