[lug] Using curl to get at pages that require a cookie

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Thu Nov 2 08:51:31 MST 2006

I'm trying to use curl to download a series of HTTP pages that require a
password at a top-level page and then I guess they use cookies to allow
access to the lower pages. When I log in via my browser and enter the
password, I can get to all the pages. But when I try curl
-b"/.../firefox/.../cookies.txt" http://my.url.com/?page=A it's not
working. (I substitute the real filename for cookies.txt and the full
sub-page URL when I do this for real.) Also I'm logged in via my browser
and have entered the password, so I think my cookie for this site is
up-to-date.

Am I using the -b option incorrectly?  Can anyone provide some help with
this?

- Bill Thoen