[lug] CLUE Installfest next Saturday: install or upgrade fed core 4->6?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Nov 8 23:11:52 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 06:07:46PM -0700, David L. Anselmi wrote:
>How do you set up your RPM repository for net installs?

I don't start from ISO sources these days, but when I did I just copied
them all into the same directory.  You could use the unionfs to merge them
all into a single directory easily enough, or you could use a simple script
to create a butt-load of Apache Alias lines for each distro to make what
looks to the clients like a unified directory.

I'm sure with some quality time spent with mod_rewrite, you could probably
have it do that automatically.  ISTR that there's a way to add a rewrite
condition based on the existance of a file on the file-system.  Something
like:

   RewriteCond REQUEST_URI -d /path/to/fedora/1/$1
   RewriteRule ^/fedora/(.*)$ /fedora/1/$1 [L]
   RewriteCond REQUEST_URI -d /path/to/fedora/2/$1
   RewriteRule ^/fedora/(.*)$ /fedora/2/$1 [L]
   [...]

Or you could build a directory full of sym links to the other directories
and turn on FollowSymLinks.  There are so many ways you could make it
happen...

Sean
--
 Give me immortality or give me death!