[lug] distribution favorites?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Nov 13 04:20:48 MST 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 11:17:20PM -0700, Daniel Webb wrote:
>better about it if they'd been around anywhere close to 7 years.  I'll have
>to try Ubuntu next time I install a system and see how it goes.
>
>How many versions are they going to be concurrently backporting security fixes
>for, by the way?

The number I've heard is 5 years, that seems to be what their site says.  I
think it's RHEL that is doing 7 years.  If you do the math, 5 years at a
release every 6 month is something around 10.

Sean
--
 Come see the violence inherent in the system!
 Help!  Help!  I'm being repressed!  -- Monty Python and the Holy Grail