[lug] distribution favorites?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Nov 13 04:23:26 MST 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 11:08:33PM -0700, Daniel Webb wrote:
>or my upgrade, or hangs one of the two.  I shouldn't even have to know that a
>mirror is down.  I don't know why Debian can't get their act together on this
>issue, it strikes me as amateur every time it happens.

Yeah, it's annoying.  We try to work around it by running our own mirror,
with some bandwidth available to the public, and our hosting customers
getting access to it at gigabit speed, unmetered.  It makes for real nice
dist-upgrades, but too often it's been broken by an upstream...

Thanks,
Sean
--
 People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.
                 -- A. J. Liebling