[lug] Latency for serial port hardware handshake?

Dan Julio djulio99 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 17 21:56:02 MST 2006

Hi Carl,

Thanks for responding.  I sort-of took your idea and
wrote some test firmware that counted incoming
characters after de-asserting CTS.  I wrote a
linux-side test program that just blasted out data.
I consistently got 16 more characters.  I think that
CTS does not stop the 16550A from sending data, just
the linux device driver from loading any more data
into it.

Then things got screwey on the PXA255 ARM core.  I
can't even make the ports work reliably at this point
so it's another battle. *sigh*, I love linux and I
hate linux...

But thanks again for your response.

Dan