[lug] Using Mutt and Replying to Messages Sent as Attachments

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Wed Nov 22 16:55:40 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 04:19:04PM -0700, Daniel Webb wrote:

> You mean they're sending HTML-only email (not multipart with both text and
> HTML versions?)

I think that's it. I discovered  mutt's "e" key which lets me edit a message in
place, and after the Message-Id: header, I see this:

<BR>
<DIV id=wmMessageComp name="wmMessageComp"><BR><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT:
blue 2px solid">-------- Original Message --------<BR>Subject: RE:
and so on....

When mutt sees a message like this, it says:

[-- text/html is unsupported (use 'v' to view this part) --]

So I tried your suggestion and put:

auto_view text/html

in muttrc and that solved it beautifully! Thanks!