[lug] Meeting tonight?

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 10:28:56 MST 2006

On 12/16/06, Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 11:44:41AM -0700, Nick Golder wrote:
> >On 2006-12-14 11:02 -0700, Nick Golder wrote:
> >> Is tonight's meeting more like a Hacking Society event?
> >>

> >Is greylisting enabled for this list?  Chris's message didn't show up in
> >my inbox until well after I sent this one.
>
> Yes, greylisting is enabled on the list for incoming e-mail.  It looks like
> Chris' message was sent from google to the list server at 11:46am Mountain,
> and was received in my mailbox at 11:47am.  It did spend nearly an hour of
> time before reaching the google mail servers, not sure if that's related to
> greylisting.  However, it didn't sit around for days or anything, if that's
> what you're thinking.
>
> It looks like your message that you're referring to above showed up in my
> mailbox around 10 minutes before Chris' did.

On the other hand, the Cc: to the announce list I sent (obviously at
the same time) didn't get past the greylisting for another six hours.
By the time I was able to approve or cancel the post, it certainly
wouldn't have been of much use to anyone, so I canceled it.

Perhaps gmail doesn't always play nice with greylisting.  Or something.

But yes, this month's announcement was certainly too late in going out
for various reasons, none of them especially good.

--
epistemological humility
  Chris Riddoch