[lug] Personal Server Behind DSL Router

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Thu Jan 11 19:47:00 MST 2007

>> I was thinking of using squirrel mail.  Any reason why
>> I should use IloahaMail instead?
>
> I switched from squirrelmail.  I can't remember now why I switched.  It was
> either a security flaw that made me question the code quality or too many
> configuration problems.  I'm a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" person, so
> there had to have been something to make me look for alternatives.  Chris B.,
> do you remember my reason?
>
> IlohaMail is very clean, and has a nice interface.  Haven't used squirrelmail
> for a while, but I remember when I switched I thought IlohaMail had a more
> professional feel to it.  Try both and decide for yourself though, they're
> both Free.

I had used horde/imp for a time and a friend was using squirrelmail.  I
tried out squirrelmail and it was configured in about 5 minutes.
horde/imp had taken me a couple hours.

I'm going to go look at IlohaMail though.  squirrelmail is spartan, but
it's really only meant to make it easy to check mail when I don't have
ssh access (and for family).

Hugh