[lug] Fedora Core 5 not playing CDs

Shawn Baland irashalowitz at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 14:04:47 MST 2007

Hi all, a newbie here.  I installed fc5 (with Gnome) and updated it.  It was playing audio CDs automatically with Totem, but now I am getting an error message when I insert a CD:

"Totem could not play this media (Audio CD) although a plugin is present to handle it."

and

"You might want to check that a disc is present in the drive and that it is correctly configured."

The drive still works with my installation DVD, and it plays audio CDs with the Gnome player, but I want a player that starts automatically, so I am still trying to get Totem working.  Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks,
-Shawn