[lug] How to add modules to rpm-installed Perl?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Jan 26 07:57:49 MST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 06:18:50PM -0700, Bill Thoen wrote:
>installed as an rpm package, and I have yum working. But can I just
>install this module with yum, or do I need to get it from CPAN and follow
>their instructions? I just don't want to have a mixed install if there's an
>easy way to add to the rpm database.

I recommend using the RPM packages whenever possible.  The most popular
packages are available from the stock repositories, and less popular ones
are often available from other repositories like dag.  Things that aren't
available as existing RPMs, I recommend using cpanflute2 to convert from
the CPAN tar files into RPMs.  It's in the perl-RPM-Specfile package, which
you should be able to install via yum.

Sean
--
 This must be where pies go when they die...
                 -- Special Agent Cooper, _Twin_Peaks_