[lug] Configuring the screensaver

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Wed Feb 14 17:54:05 MST 2007

Gary Hodges wrote:

> I once knew a command that I could use to activate or deactivate
> individual screensavers.  There is one screensaver that locks up my
> machine and I don't even want the option of choosing it.  Anyone know
> the command I'm talking about?

I don't know individual commands, I just use the particular window
manager config program. FYI, about 99.99% of the screen savers which
lock a system up are ones that use OpenGL when the system isn't
completely set to use hardware accel, but has been configured to attempt
hardware accel. You might attempt to run glxgears and see if that
works...which could lock it up if OpenGL config isn't complete (never a
problem if you don't use hardware accel).

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net