[lug] How do I mimic the Fedora and SuSE installer's feature of creating LVMs with the xubuntu installer?

Dan Ferris dan at usrsbin.com
Fri Feb 16 00:20:47 MST 2007

If you want to understand LVM, you should read the LVM Howto. Then get
at least 2 extra hard drives for practice. Then learn to use the command
line LVM tools. THEN do it with the installer. Otherwise, trust me, you
will spin your wheels. Plus when you "get it" using the command line
utils, it will make using the installer understandable and not a pain in
the ass.

Dan

P.S. Your error is because you didn't create any physical volumes before
creating a volume group. An LVM volume group is made up of physical
volumes (i.e. hard drive partitions, hardware RAID volumes, Software
RAID arrays, etc).