[lug] new install

Bob Singleton bobersingleton at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 12:25:27 MST 2007

I need help and advice.
  I want to make the leap from windows to Linux. I'm a little bit leary because I don't have an internal CD drive or floppy etc. I do have an external CD/DVD drive. Should I anticipate a problem when my old operating system is being deleted - will my computer be able to see the external drive?   Also, someone recomend the best Linux system to install, Red Hat, or what? I'm coming into this cold turkey.

    I have an IBM Thinkpad X30
  processor is pentium III with 1.06 MHz
  Memory is 128 MB
  Storage is 20 GB