[lug] BLUG Meeting Announcement - May 10, 2007

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Tue May 8 15:38:08 MDT 2007

Many thanks to Jeff Haemer for organizing this talk and arranging a new
meeting location for us.  I post this on his behalf, until we make
other arrangements for someone to take over the announcements and
website updates.

Again, for anybody who missed the other announcement, I'm stepping
down from running BLUG, and this is a good time to ask yourself what
things you might be willing to do for the group, and to think about
what you want BLUG to be.

Without further ado, the meeting announcement:

Where:    Aztek Networks, 2477 55th St, Suite 202, Boulder, CO.
          It's on 55th between Arapahoe and Perl, just north of the Humane
          Society.  There's plenty of parking, and the 206 and 208 stop across
          the street.

          Join us informally for a bite to eat at Panera Bread
          before the meeting, around 5:30 P.M.  Panera is in the 29th
          street mall, east of Highway 36/28th street near Walnut.

When:     7:00 PM on Thursday May 10, 2007

Speaker:  Vince Dean  ( vdean [at] ucar [dot] edu )

Talk:     Nagios and System Monitoring

Abstract: Nagios is a host, service, and network monitoring program licensed
          under the GPL. This talk presents the tool from the
          perspective of an application developer/operations manager
          whose systems have grown complex enough that they are hard
          to monitor without appropriate tools.

Driving Directions:
         Go to http://maps.google.com/
         Enter 'Aztek Networks', and click on the 'A' (2247 55th St.)

--
 -   Chris Riddoch   -
epistemological humility