[lug] RAID installation on Fedora 6 Zod

Dan FErris dan at usrsbin.com
Wed May 9 06:29:36 MDT 2007

Unfortunatly, unlike Solaris and BSD, the Linux software RAID leaves
much to be desired.  What you describe can be done, but it's a long
involved process.  If you want to try it, I suggest reading the Linux
RAID Howto (you can google for it).  The HOWTO gives the procedure.

The software RAID is a set of kernel drivers and the mdadm utility.  It
should come with the OS.