[lug] Fedora 7 is out, but don't yum upgrade

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jun 5 04:02:19 MDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 08:30:14PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>to see yum upgrades supported, but I understand why they might not want
>to do that...

Of course, one thing that I haven't seen discussed here is that there *ARE*
supported ways of doing updates, just that yum isn't one of them.  Booting
into the installer (either from media or from the network) and selecting
"Update existing system" I would expect to work just fine, though I haven't
tried it.  On my own laptop, which I updated yesterday, I did a fresh
install because I didn't want any cruft left over from the previous
release.

Sean
--
 The "PEANUTS" gang finds their first root-kit in "YOU'RE AN 3L33T H4CK3R
 NOW, CHARLIE BROWN".