[lug] grep question

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Mon Jun 11 10:58:40 MDT 2007

On my system, everything available is installed in /usr/share/locale.
The naming rule is pretty simple.  It's xx_YY.zzzz, where xx is the
language, YY is the regional variant, zzzz is the character set.

I have my LANG set to en_UI.utf8

Just for fun I copied /bin/ls into my ~/bin directory and named it:
\xe6\x99\xa6, or "晦" or U-6666.

It displays correctly in my shell, I can enter the character with
C-U6666, I can execute it, it's just all-around neat.

--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>