[lug] Online Banking?

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Wed Jul 11 10:17:02 MDT 2007

The Addison Avenue Credit Union software works with Linux, as does USBank.

Addison's site uses flash, but only for non-essential functions.

Evelyn

* On 2007-07-11 10:13 Elyse M. Grasso <emgrasso at data-raptors.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a local bank or credit union with online banking that works
> with Linux? (64 bit Kubuntu, fully up-to-date)
>
> I have used Bellco Credit Union for years, and they used to have wonderful
> online banking, but it appears they no longer want me as a customer.
>
> They just changed their login procedure to one that requires Flash. (Which I
> consider pretty tacky in and of itself).
>
> I've got Flash working in both Firefox and Konqueror (32bit plugins with 64
> bit executables) but the login process is not working.
>
> They have also changed their website and support structure so that if you are
> not logged in there is really no way to let them know about problems online.
> They have no contact email addresses any more.
>
> Bozos.
> --
> Elyse Grasso
>
> http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology
> http://www.astraltrading.com   Divination and Science Fiction
> http://www.data-raptors.com/global-cgi-bin/cgiwrap/emgrasso/blosxom.cgi WebLog
> Join us on IRC: lug.boulder.co.us portf67 channel=#colug
This email is: [ ] actionable [x] fyi [ ] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [x] soon [ ] none

                            http://www.tummy.com/