Beryl: (was: Re: [lug] Fwd: Good morning)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Jul 13 18:46:26 MDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 10:29:31AM -0600, Jeffrey Haemer wrote:
>The cube (and all the other goodies) come from Beryl.

Beryl is not for modest machines.  It makes extensive demands on your
system, in particular the 3D graphics.  My laptop won't at all handle it
with a reasonable speed, it's a couple of years old without the highest end
graphics.  If you can't run tuxracer well, you probably can't run Beryl.

Just to save the folks with more modest machines the time...

Sean
--
 eth0.666: VLAN of The Beast.
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/