[lug] Compact Flash reader on FC5

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Jul 26 09:54:08 MDT 2007

My sister asked me to get some images off a CF from her camera.  She
doesn't have the USB cable for it and it appears to have a very tiny
camera connector that none of my other USB cables fit.  I have a CF slot
on my laptop but I've never used it and initial testing shows it doesn't
"just work".

A little googling found some tips on running some command to get the
device found, and that did seem to work (don't have the command with me
here at work) but I still can't seem to mount the device.

Anyone have any tips or pointers to info on how to get a CF reader to
work under FC5?  Upgrading to FC6 or 7 isn't an option at the moment due
to time constraints, though it (along with 2345523 other things) is on
my todo list.  FYI - I'm running a stock FC5 released 2.6.20 kernel on
the laptop.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Senior Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org