[lug] .NET w/Mono & Linux

Ryan Kirkpatrick linux at rkirkpat.net
Thu Sep 13 10:01:30 MDT 2007

Is there anyone on the list who has had experience with running .NET
assemblies on Linux w/Mono? My company has been developing software
libraries using .NET w/Visual Studio 2005 for Windows 2k/XP. We are
exploring using some of these libraries on an industrial PC data logger,
and we are debating which operating system to use. I obviously want to use
Linux, and from a few hours spent with Mono, it appears our libraries run
just fine. Of course, management wants a bit more assurance than that!

I would like to get a feel for people's experience with Mono. And if you
have had more extensive Mono experience, I would very much like to talk to
you (and so would the rest of the project team). We would of course
compensate you for your time (unless you don't want people calling you a
consultant :). Thanks!

PS. I am sending this from my personal email address to emphasis my
own interest in using Mono. I am an Electrical Engineer by day, and a
Linux sys-admin / developer the rest of the time. :)

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |