[lug] IPsec (or other security) in Asterisk

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Sep 14 14:42:11 MDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 10:05:23AM -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
>I'm doing a little research on a project that might involve Asterisk.
>One of the key issues is VoIP security.  It doesn't appear that IPsec is
>supported in Asterisk (based on their web site, at least).  And there

I don't know of any phones that support IPSec.  Asterisk would support it
because it runs on Linux and Linux has IPSec, the applications don't care
about it.

I have successfully configured a Linksys WRT54GL with OpenVPN, connected
that to the home network, and connected a phone to that.  With the phone
connecting over the OpenVPN.  Works just fine.

Sean
--
 Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life.
                 -- Eric Hoffer