[lug] drop vs reject - ping?

gordongoldin at aim.com gordongoldin at aim.com
Mon Sep 24 16:51:11 MDT 2007

I also thought [ dropping was better than reject ]was better from a security
perspective.  ...  No reply "hides" the server and might prevent
further attempts.

 This is what I have read.

Also, I have seen a recommendation to "tighten down" ping cause it has been used in DOS "overwhelm with traffic" attacks.

But then I have wasted much time trying to ping something before finding that ping wouldn't work anyway...? ;-)

Gordon Golding