[lug] Mailman/postfix problem help request

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sun Oct 21 13:04:10 MDT 2007

chip1.pupman.com doesn't resolve to the outside world, so I'd make sure
it resolves for postfix.

I'd try adding the -vv to smtpd in master.conf.

I've done some testing on my box and if I'm on the box, then all
relaying is allowed (with a src of gmail.com and a dest of gmail.com)
because the IP that I'm connecting from is listed in mynetworks (at
least I think that's why).  When I try from remote, then the relaying is
denied for a FROM/TO of gmail/gmail).

You could do a tail -f /var/log/mail.info, hit enter a few times, then
run your "cat mailchat | netcat chip1.pupman.com 25" and watch what goes
by on your tail screen ("xterm -sl 10000" is your friend).

Hugh