[lug] OT: got a spare dsl modem?

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:07:16 MDT 2007

Hi, folks.

I seem to have killed my ~4-year-old DSL modem (Actiontec GT701-wg) by
attempting what seemed like a perfectly reasonable firmware upgrade at
the time.  Oops.

Would anybody happen to have a spare (working) DSL modem they'd be
willing to part with?  On the subject, has anybody tried using a dsl
modem that isn't listed on Qwest's website?  Presumably, it would work
fine so long as it supports pppoa correctly, but I'm curious whether
anyone's tried and had good luck with alternatives.

Thanks,

--
epistemological humility
  Chris Riddoch