[lug] OT: got a spare dsl modem?

Ben bluey at iguanaworks.net
Mon Oct 22 09:40:38 MDT 2007

I've successfully used a cisco 678 with Qwest with no problem. And a
very old ActionTek (1520?) that they stopped supporting years ago with
no problem.

Well, one problem. Whenever I have connectivity problems (only started
after I signed a 2 year contract!), Qwest blames my old modem ("these
things aren't supposed to last over a year, after that, who knows what
you'll get"). If I explain that the problem isn't the modem since I have
the same behavior across 3 different modems, they say that all the
modems are old and that I must buy a new modem from them. If you find a
cisco 678, I can give you the settings to get it working with Qwest.

Ben