[lug] OT: got a spare dsl modem?

Ryan Kirkpatrick linux at rkirkpat.net
Tue Oct 23 05:35:50 MDT 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Chris Riddoch wrote:

> On the subject, has anybody tried using a dsl modem that isn't listed
> on Qwest's website?  Presumably, it would work fine so long as it
> supports pppoa correctly, but I'm curious whether anyone's tried and
> had good luck with alternatives.

If you are looking for a different option from the external router box
variety, take a look at Sangoma's S518 ADSL PCI card. I am using this card
with my Qwest DSL in a Linux firewall, and it works great. It is a bit
pricey at $130, but well worth it:

http://www.telephonyware.com/telephonyware/tw00161.html?mv_pc=A00015

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |