[lug] [rephrased] SElinux for multiple apache authors

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sun Oct 28 14:04:27 MDT 2007

Ok, got no bites on the last question. Let me rephrase, maybe I can get
advice.

The scenario is you're running linux on CentOS with SElinux selectively
being enforced, and covering the apache server. You have multiple
trusted developers. In the past you could do something like set up a
development group with perms to the tree. With SElinux, there is now the
added dimension of roles. So you could (maybe) do the following to give
the developers free access:
1. Give everyone root access (not generally acceptable to work as root
even if you have the pass though).
2. Somehow enable chcon to work via sudo.
3. Give everyone involved a new role, and merge that role into web
permissions.
4. Give everyone involved permission to chcon using the httpd context.

Aside from choice 1, is there a choice anyone here would choose? What
are the administrative trade-offs? Maybe I missed a better choice?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net