[lug] wireless access point vs wireless router

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Nov 17 00:55:58 MST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007, at 12:05 AM, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 05:25:58AM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:
>> This information seems out of date.
>
> It *REALLY* depends...

Definitely.  Some do, some don't.  I tend to stick with Linksys stuff,
and most of it does.

> So, I don't think it's quite as rosy a situation as you make out.  :-)

Yikes, I never said the current state of 802.11 was "rosy" did I?
It's a freakin' mess. Linux drivers make a little progress and the
chipset changes again.  Ridiculous industry this is.

Computing in general is a nightmare right now for common folks.  The
many things they're just "supposed to know" before buying something
and expecting it to work, are too high.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com